The Fuji 56mm f/1.2 APD is a beautifully made lens that delivers outstanding results, but a few questions still linger. Find out more in the video review below.
No time to watch? Here’s some quick thoughts:
- Solid engineering and great Fuji build quality
- Great image quality with sharp subjects and smooth out-of-focus areas
- The most expensive X series prime (a full $500 USD more expensive than it's non-APD version)
- Compromised light gathering abilities due to the APD filter
- Contrast detection AF only (phase detection is disabled on the APD version)
- Not weather sealed
APD VERSION SAMPLE PHOTOS:
Did I mention it was sharp?
(Click for higher-res version)